Published on June 13th, 2019 | by Sandy Writtenhouse0
The 5 Best Free Music Apps for iPhone and iPad
Apple Music is a terrific service, but it will cost you. If you would rather forgo a monthly subscription fee and just listen to music for free, then this list is for you. Download one, download two, or download them all! These are the five best free music apps for iPhone and iPad, in no particular order.
Pandora is an awesome music service. You can access it most anywhere, listen to the genres you enjoy, and browse for something new all in one app.
Why Pandora rocks:
- Sing along with lyrics that are displayed while the song is playing.
- Keep a collection of your favorite stations.
- Browse the tops; hits, albums, and artists.
- Search for anything; songs, stations, playlists, podcasts, artists, or albums.
Pandora is widely available making it super easy to access no matter which device you’re using.
Get Pandora: Pandora is available on iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Android, and the web. Head to the Pandora site to grab it for where you want it. Listen for free or check out their paid plans that offer more features.
Spotify is another amazing free music service that’s similar to Pandora but has its own fancy features that make it a hit.
Why Spotify rocks:
- Create and share playlists of your faves.
- Browse by your mood or genre, top charts, new releases, or new music.
- Check out local concerts with a click or a tap.
- Watch video shows for a cool break between your music tracks.
Spotify is one of the most popular free music apps and it’s with good reason, so give it a go!
Get Spotify: Spotify is available for iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Android, and the web. Visit the Pandora website to get it for where you want it. Listen for free or check out their Spotify Premium for more features.
SoundCloud offers a community of lyric listening lovers like you; whether music or podcasts, you’re set with SoundCloud.
Why SoundCloud Rocks:
- Pick a song collection based on mood, season, or events right from the main screen.
- Follow your favorites; artists and podcasts and check them out in the Stream section.
- Share, post, like, follow, and more; this lets you easily give your friends a new music discovery and enjoy the newest from artists you like.
- Receive notifications for everything from comments on your own posts about songs to likes, reposts, newsletters, suggested content, and more.
If you enjoy a community environment to discover to music and share what you love, SoundCloud is your app.
Love yourself some radio? If you said yes, then say hello to iHeartRadio. Listen to your local radio, explore stations based on genre, save stations you enjoy, and create playlists.
Why iHeartRadio Rocks:
- Save your favorites; songs, albums, and artists in Your Library.
- Tune into live local stations for something different.
- Listen to pre-built playlists by decade, mood, activity, or genre.
- Check out the Message Center for news on artists, events, and opportunities to win trips.
The iHeartRadio app has so many nifty features that it’s just fun to explore the second you open it!
Get iHeartRadio: iHeartRadio is available for more devices than you own including mobile devices, smart speakers, and even your car. Download it for Apple devices; iPhone, iPad, iMessage, and Apple Watch. For Android, Windows, and all the others, head to the iHeartRadio website. Check it out for free and review their subscription plans for extra features.
Deezer; memorable name, great music app. Deezer seeks to get to know what you like right off the bat. Pick or search for your favorite artists and then get ready to jam.
Why Deezer Rocks:
- See the favorite artists you choose right at the top of the app’s Home screen.
- Check out music by mood, what’s popular, or those chart-toppers.
- Go with the Flow section to hear something inspired by the artists you like. Plus, add your Flow as a Siri shortcut.
- Listen to the exact tunes you love the most in the My Music section.
Deezer makes loving music so easy that if you don’t take it for a spin, you’ll be sorry you didn’t.
Which Free Music App for iPhone Will You Choose?
Each and all of these free music apps for iPhone, and beyond, are excellent choices. Try one or try them all!
Do you already use one or more of these free music apps? Which is your favorite, or which are you going to try next? Let us know in the comments or ping us on Twitter!
And, check out our other App Lists while you’re here!